CVS's xfdesktop & gtk-2.4.1

Philip Scott philip.scott10 at ntlworld.com
Sun May 9 15:47:04 CEST 2004

I just updated everything and can also see this behaviour. "which" tells
me that xfce-mcs-manager and xfdesktop are both in /usr/bin/ so it's not
that. I've lost the "Desktop" (or anything like it) section in settings,
the panel menu plugin, desktop right-clicking, and my wallpaper is just
plain black now. Middle-click and scrolling work as before.
Running xfdesktop from a terminal does nothing, no errors or anything,
It just closes straight after running.
I just tried with a fresh user, and there was no difference.

I'm running gtk+-2.4.0 (Gentoo's -r1, if that makes a difference), so
it's not just a 2.4.1 issue.