can't stop xftaskbar from loading

Claudio J. Peña claudio_j at fullzero.com.ar
Mon May 3 03:47:10 CEST 2004

On Sun, 02 May 2004 07:37:39 -0400, Paul M. Bucalo wrote:

> The problem was with 'xfce4-session'. Once I moved it out my $PATH, my
> local 'xinitrc' was read and executed, which also tells me that my
> global would have been read if the local wasn't in place. (Generally,
> don't apply a local 'xinitrc' for my personal workstations when
running
> XFce) The fact that neither script was being recognized lead me to
> believe it had to be 'xfce4-session' causing the problem. I'm tracing
> down where I got this version of 'xfce4-session' and what it's version
> numbers are.

Paul:

	When using the session manager, to get rid of the taskbar (or any other
thing the session manager loads) you can simply kill it from inside
Xfce, then exit and check the box "save session" before clicking "ok" in
the exit dialog. The next time you run Xfce the session manager will
remember which apps you have loaded last time.

> Anyone know why 'xfce4-session' would default to loading all the
> installed XFce modules regardless of what the local or global
'xinitrc'
> tell it to do?

	The session manager doesn't use any xinitrc AFAIK, it seems that stores
its config in .xfce4/sessions (in a binary format).

	Greets,

--
Claudio J. Peña
claudio_j at fullzero.com.ar