ArchLinux + XFCE

Miro Hodak hodak at nemo.physics.ncsu.edu
Mon Mar 29 22:30:47 CEST 2004

Well, let us not turn this thread into distro war.

But I cannot resist to at least say this:

I am using Gentoo and I have also tried Arch. Both distros are nice, the
main difference is that Gentoo is source distribution, so you have to
compile packages to use them. It takes about 30 minutes to compile XFce,
which is not bad. Also, Gentoo has bigger package repository (mainly
because it has more users and developers).
That said, both distros are great, their main advantage is that they do
continuous update, i.e. packages are updated soon after new version is
released and is tested. No need to wait for an upgrade of whole distro and
upgrade all your packages at once to get the latest and greatest.