ArchLinux + XFCE

Tom Wesley tom.wesley at ntlworld.com
Mon Mar 29 23:05:38 CEST 2004

On Mon, 2004-03-29 at 21:53, Shahar Weiss wrote:
> That's the beauty, it's simple, like Slackware. You don't have to study
> anything about the file locations, it's trivial. Hell, on second thought
> it's even cleaner than Slackware (sounds impossible, I know). You pretty
> much get the hang of it after an hour.
> I was a Slackware user before I moved to Arch, and I really loved
> Slackware's philosophy and the distribution itself. Arch seems to follow
> the same steps in mind. I'd really recommend trying it.
>

> Shahar.

Although I wouldn't normally, I'm going to promote the distro I'm using
here.
Gentoo has very, maybe even extremely up to date software, and huge
forum that has much information about Brazilian wax techniques and a
little about Linux itself. ;)

And it's very simple, nice for simple people like myself.  Theory of "if
you don't change the contents of that file then they won't change on
their own" sits well with me...

I'll stop now though, just try it if you have the diskspace.
--
Tom Wesley