Expose?

purslow at sympatico.ca purslow at sympatico.ca
Mon Mar 8 20:28:08 CET 2004

040308 Phillip Heller wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-03-08 at 01:20, purslow at sympatico.ca wrote:
>> isn't the whole point that Mac users don't have multiple desktops ?
>> w XFCE , you can have your many tasks running on  <= 32  desktops
>> -- i have  10  df'd for that v reason -- & switch instantly between them.
>> moreover, we have the iconbox to do so w tasks on the same desktop.
> In my admittedly limited experience with expose,
> I find that it simplifies finding a running application.
> For instance, right now, the panel takes up almost 1280 pixels of
> horizontal space, and I have the iconbox growing vertically.
> The space that the iconbox or taskbar takes up is better used
> for applications, thus the interest in expose.

well, your choice of desktop set-up is yours to make,
but you don't seem to have read what i said.

typically, i have  c 9  applic'ns running on  8  of my  10  desktops;
occas'ly, i may have  <= 12 , if i'm doing extra things.
the desktops have names, eg 'Office', 'Mutt', 'Inet',
wh correspond to the kinds of applic'ns i have running on them.
the "tiny" panel takes up the lower  75 %  of the L-hand margin
& the iconbox lives in the top  25 % , rarely containing  > 2  icons.

so where wd the advantage be in using Exposé ?
(and can we please respect the French origins of XFCE by using accents)

SUPPORT     ___________//___,  Philip Webb : purslow at chass.utoronto.ca