Expose?

Phillip Heller pheller at lessjunk.com
Mon Mar 8 09:32:15 CET 2004

On Mon, 2004-03-08 at 01:20, purslow at sympatico.ca wrote:
> 040307 Phillip Heller wrote re Mac OS X Exposé :
> > Anyways, it was just a thought.
> > I'm not obsessed with it, but I wouldn't complain if it were an option.
>
> never any harm is suggestions or inquiries,
> but isn't the whole point that they don't have multiple desktops ?
> w XFCE , you can have your many tasks running on  <= 32  desktops
> -- i have  10  df'd for that v reason -- & switch instantly between them.
> moreover, we have the iconbox to do so w tasks on the same desktop.
>
> i note w a (grin) that they boast :
>
>   "Admit it, Mac OS X has you spoiled.
>   You've become so used to its reliability that you don't hesitate
>   to have a dozen applications running at the same time".
>
> seems like they're starting to catch up a bit w us Linux types ...

In my admittedly limited experience with expose, I find that it
simplifies finding a running application.

For instance, right now, the panel takes up almost 1280 pixels of
horizontal space, and I have the iconbox growing vertically.

The space that the iconbox or taskbar takes up is better used for
applications, thus the interest in expose.

--
Phillip Heller <pheller at lessjunk.com>