mplayer/xfce4 problems

Yan Seiner yan at cardinalengineering.com
Mon Mar 1 12:37:45 CET 2004

Mark Houlder wrote:
> over the weekend i wanted to show my dad the new Troy trailer using
> Mplayer on XFCE4, but couldn;t get it to run no matter what i tried;
> mplayer wouldn't even start, and although gmplayer starts when i try to
> view a film, it also crashes. i tried the same under fluxbox and it
> worked fine - is it likely to be a problem with my setup or are there
> known issues with XFCE4?

What version of mplayer?  And is it an rpm install or compiled from source?

Both my mplayer installs work fine; an old Toshiba laptop (533 celeron,
128MB ram, S3 graphics) and the production box, Athlon 2000+, 768 MB
RAM, Matrox G550, running XFCE4.

I'd start by getting the latest tarball and compiling mplayer for your
system.

--Yan

Yan Seiner, PE  (_)\(_)     ,>/'_   o__     o__
Cardinal Engineering, Inc. (_)\(_)  ,>/'_   ,>/'_
http://www.cardinalengineering.com (_)\(_) (_)\(_)
spam killer code kpwq1jkcsEzdx39gnkVvgycd15ayqq