Problems with Super key

Vebjorn Ljosa ljosa-lists-xfce at ljosa.com
Thu Jun 24 00:42:22 CEST 2004

I run Debian unstable, and after I restarted my X server today,
strange things started happening.

The Windows keys on my keyboard are mapped to Super_L and Super_R, and
I have set up xfwm4 to use the Super key for various things.  For
instance, Super+Tab cycles through windows, Super+F-keys switch
between desktops, Super+x starts xterm, and so on.

All of a sudden the "Super" part of the keybindings were being
ignored.  Just pressing Tab cycled through windows, just pressing x
started an xterm, and so on.  Switching to the default keymap made it
possible to type again, but now I can't use my beloved Windows key.

I was using a CVS version of xfwm4 from maybe a week back.  I
downgraded to version 4.0.5, which comes with Debian, but that didn't
help.  Finally, I mapped the keys to Hyper instead of Super and
changed the xfwm4 keybindings accordingly, but that didn't help
either: Now Hyper was being ignored.

Does anybody know what is going on or have any suggestions for how I
can debug this?

Thanks,
Vebjorn