Anyone use k3b or nautilus in xcfe4?

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Tue Jun 22 14:14:25 CEST 2004

Chris Green wrote:

>On Tue, Jun 22, 2004 at 10:54:51AM +0200, Auke Kok wrote:
>

>>ANY application can run under xfce4. As long as it has the supporting
>>libraries installed and in place the application should not care at all
>>if it's running on a X-server with whatever desktop management set at
>>all (or none, so a plain empty X). Xfce does not restrict anything at all.
>>
>As above, that's the information I'm asking for, what's missing that
>isn't obvious and is probably/possibly to do with xfce.

nope.  likely you're missing some gnome foundation library (nautiuls) or
some kde/qt foundation library (k3b).  this has _absolutely nothing_ to
do with xfce.

>As I said when I do that the make fails because there is no
>Makefile for it to use, nothing happens except an error message.  The
>./configure runs without any errors, I'll have a harder look though
>because I know that ./configure sometimes throws out errors and then
>continues so you miss them as they scroll up the screen.

if there's no makefile, then configure failed, and it should have
stopped running at the point that it failed.  a properly-written
configure will only continue if _optional_ dependencies aren't present.

again, all of this has nothing to do with xfce, and i'd suggest looking
for help in a place targeted to the application you're attempting to
install.

    -brian