Features wishlist for xfce 4.1

Xan DXpublica at telefonica.net
Thu Jun 3 21:22:39 CEST 2004

Dimecres 02 Juny 2004 22:19, en/na Jasper Huijsmans (<Jasper Huijsmans
<jasper at xfce.org>>) va escriure:

> Xan wrote:
>
> > I don't know why the open source projects in general ignore the majorty
> > of feature request. I think that the team of the project have the (moral)
> > responsability to make that their software are the best as possible, even
> > more if anyone (a user) say that it could be more good if it has this
> > feature.
>
> Please reread above (and the rest of your mail) and think about why that
> is about the stupidest thing you can say if you ever want your requests
> to be taken seriously. Just a friendly warning.
>
> Some things that make a request more likely to succeed:
>
> 1) A good reason, i.e. a use case, not "I like it better" (although that
> still can work if we agree).
>
> 2) A patch ;-) No guarantees, but it helps.
>
> 3) Being polite. Doesn't hurt, anyway.
>

> 	Jasper

Sorry if I offend you. This was not my intention. I speak with the best
intention. Not with hurt intention. My sorries if I hurt you.

For the other hand, I speak in general. I did not refer to xfce4 project else
to open souce projects in general. I want that this were clear.

And related to topic, I only said that (sorry if I can't express as I want)
the team of project have to treat the enhancement of the application in a
more important way. Open source community tends to think that a bug is a very
important thing and an enhancement isn't.

I'm in agree that the bugs (specially security bugs) are very important
things. But the enhancements are very important too.

For the final user (tipically desktop user) could be so important an
enhancement than a bug. But the open source community thinks different.

If we not provide a periodic new enhanced versions, where is the innovation of
applications?. And if we only provide the geek enhancements in release, where
is the user's requests?. I view this as a person who makes a house.
Obviously, that person has to build the house for it doesn't felt (the house
has to be consistent, robust), but has to ear the people who will live in and
has to build it as people want.

Do you know what I want to say?
I'm very sad if you think that it's a stupid thing.

Xan.