Aterm and transparency

Jack Coates jack at monkeynoodle.org
Tue Jun 1 06:23:39 CEST 2004

> Thank you.  If I want transparency what do I have to do to get it?  I'd
> like to try it out both with a terminal emulator and with other windows.
> Does eterm do transparency? The website indicates it might but then it's
> not real clear.

Net Llama should have been clearer. That's all that anything working on
top of XFree86 can do, as it doesn't do transparency. X.Org's X server
does, and many Linux distributions are moving to it, but few support it
right now.

<RANT>Talk about an ill-considered piece of eye-candy. And yes, I do have
an OSX PowerBook as well, though it is my least-favorite computer. True
transparency rapidly leads to text in another page being visible through
the text you're reading, which makes it hard to read.</RANT>
--
Jack At Monkeynoodle.Org:
It's A Scientific Venture...