No desktop menu in Gentoo's CVS ebuild

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Thu Jul 29 23:39:35 CEST 2004

please try running xfdesktop from a terminal (after killing it), and see
if it outputs anything useful.  if it tells you that it can't load the
menu module, please paste the output of
ldd -r -v /path/to/libxfce_desktop_menu.so

if you have libxfce_desktop_menu, but without a .so extension, you have
a libtool problem.  please upgrade it and try again.

thanks,
brain