Turn xfce off

Ken Moffat kmoffat at drizzle.com
Mon Jul 26 16:39:40 CEST 2004

Frank wrote:

> OK. I downloaded and installed xfce, exited the kde session and issued
> startxfce4 and quite enjoyed what I saw.
>
> However, when I left that session and loged in again to kde, I got
> xfce sitting on top of it.
>
> I don't mind really, but find it is sometimes in the way while I try
> to get things done and while I'm still RTFM for xfce, I would like to
> reboot my system and see only kde there for now.
>
> I didn't config anything so ask what it is I need to 'undo' for now. [
> NO! I do not want to uninstall xfce.]

Maybe the kde sessions is remembering xfce, so you could run "ps -e |
less" in an xterm and find all the xfce4 related stuff and "kill pid"
(pid being process ID) to kill the processes, then exit kde. Probably
when you restart kde it will be ok. Either that or perhaps xfce
installed an .xinitrc file in your home directory. Do other users on
that machine have the same problem?

--
ken