Panel/Taskbar idea

Philip Scott philip.scott10 at ntlworld.com
Mon Jul 19 03:32:45 CEST 2004

Philip Scott wrote:
> Andrew Conkling wrote:
>
>>> From: "Brian J. Tarricone" <bjt23 at cornell.edu>
>>> Date: 2004/07/17 Sat PM 10:45:19 EDT
>>> To: andrewski at fr.st,  XFCE general discussion list <xfce at xfce.org>
>>> Subject: Re: Panel/Taskbar idea
>>>
>>> if you want the panel and taskbar combined, why not use the taskbar
>>> plugin for the panel and ditch the taskbar entirely?  i believe it's
>>> on the xfce-goodies page.
>>

>> Thanks Brian, I had been using Gentoo's ebuilds which, apparently, are
>> not a reliable source of the plugins available.  Maybe it's time I
>> learned how to make an ebuild. ;)
>>
>> Thanks again,
>> Andrew
>

> Yeah, I'd noticed that before but not done anything about it. Based off
> xfce4-systemload-0.3.4.ebuild, I think the taskbar plugin's ebuild
> should look something like:
>
> <begin "xfce4-taskbar-plugin-0.1.0.ebuild">
>
> IUSE=""
> MY_P="${PN}-${PV}"
> S=${WORKDIR}/${MY_P}
>
> DESCRIPTION="Taskbar plugin for the Xfce4 panel"
> HOMEPAGE="http://xfce-goodies.berlios.de/"
> SRC_URI="http://download.berlios.de/xfce-goodies/${MY_P}.tar.gz"
>
> SLOT="0"
> LICENSE="GPL-2"
> KEYWORDS="~ia64 ~x86 ~ppc ~alpha ~sparc ~amd64 ~mips ~hppa"
>
> RDEPEND=">=x11-libs/gtk+-2.0.6
>     dev-libs/libxml2
>     xfce-base/xfce4-base"
> DEPEND="${RDEPEND}
>     dev-util/pkgconfig"
>
> src_install() {
>     make DESTDIR=${D} install || die
>     dodoc AUTHORS INSTALL COPYING README
> }
>
> <end "xfce4-taskbar-plugin-0.1.0.ebuild">

OK, almost. Just tested it after all, and I didn't look at the name of
the directory in the tarball so it was trying to compile in a
non-existent dir. Oops. Working version:

<begin "xfce4-taskbar-plugin-0.1.0.ebuild">

IUSE=""
MY_P="${PN}-${PV}"
S=${WORKDIR}/${PN}

DESCRIPTION="Taskbar plugin for the Xfce4 panel"
HOMEPAGE="http://xfce-goodies.berlios.de/"
SRC_URI="http://download.berlios.de/xfce-goodies/${MY_P}.tar.gz"

SLOT="0"
LICENSE="GPL-2"
KEYWORDS="~ia64 ~x86 ~ppc ~alpha ~sparc ~amd64 ~mips ~hppa"

RDEPEND=">=x11-libs/gtk+-2.0.6
	dev-libs/libxml2
	xfce-base/xfce4-base"
DEPEND="${RDEPEND}
	dev-util/pkgconfig"

src_install() {
	make DESTDIR=${D} install || die
	dodoc AUTHORS INSTALL COPYING README
}

<end "xfce4-taskbar-plugin-0.1.0.ebuild">

Note: Since I'm using CVS, I had to use the --nodeps option with emerge
since it's expecting the standard portage version. Just thought I'd
mention it since I don't know what you're using.