Panel/Taskbar idea

Philip Scott philip.scott10 at ntlworld.com
Mon Jul 19 01:54:14 CEST 2004

Andrew Conkling wrote:
>>From: "Brian J. Tarricone" <bjt23 at cornell.edu>
>>Date: 2004/07/17 Sat PM 10:45:19 EDT
>>To: andrewski at fr.st,  XFCE general discussion list <xfce at xfce.org>
>>Subject: Re: Panel/Taskbar idea
>>
>>if you want the panel and taskbar combined, why not use the taskbar
>>plugin for the panel and ditch the taskbar entirely?  i believe it's on
>>the xfce-goodies page.
>

> Thanks Brian, I had been using Gentoo's ebuilds which, apparently, are not a reliable source of the plugins available.  Maybe it's time I learned how to make an ebuild. ;)
>
> Thanks again,
> Andrew

Yeah, I'd noticed that before but not done anything about it. Based off
xfce4-systemload-0.3.4.ebuild, I think the taskbar plugin's ebuild
should look something like:

<begin "xfce4-taskbar-plugin-0.1.0.ebuild">

IUSE=""
MY_P="${PN}-${PV}"
S=${WORKDIR}/${MY_P}

DESCRIPTION="Taskbar plugin for the Xfce4 panel"
HOMEPAGE="http://xfce-goodies.berlios.de/"
SRC_URI="http://download.berlios.de/xfce-goodies/${MY_P}.tar.gz"

SLOT="0"
LICENSE="GPL-2"
KEYWORDS="~ia64 ~x86 ~ppc ~alpha ~sparc ~amd64 ~mips ~hppa"

RDEPEND=">=x11-libs/gtk+-2.0.6
	dev-libs/libxml2
	xfce-base/xfce4-base"
DEPEND="${RDEPEND}
	dev-util/pkgconfig"

src_install() {
	make DESTDIR=${D} install || die
	dodoc AUTHORS INSTALL COPYING README
}

<end "xfce4-taskbar-plugin-0.1.0.ebuild">

Placed in your PORTDIR_OVERLAY/xfce-extra/xfce4-taskbar-plugin. Note -
not tested it, I'll do that soon and modify if needed.

My excuse is that unfortunately I've been having hardware/driver
problems on Linux since upgrading to a 9800 pro so I've not really been
using it much. Used to have them on Windows, but a MB driver update
fixed it so not quite sure what to do on Linux. Buut anyway, that stuff
belongs elsewhere...