Still having problems with the Xfce-session

Tue Jul 13 16:06:39 CEST 2004

On Tue, 2004-07-13 at 08:52, Devin Whalen wrote:
> IIRC, the session manager crashes on logout when using gtk 2.4 (or was
> > it X.org server?). It's one of the reasons it was never officially
> > released ;) Benedikt, do you remember this bug?
> >
> > 	Jasper
>

> I am running Mandrake 10 and have been having the same problems.  Since
> it will not restore my session how do I set up a default session?
> Because I usually have the same things open anyway.  Or should I just
> uninstall the session manager and put it all in the start up script?
>
> Thanks

I am running FC2 and had similar problems.

I have removed the session manager for now and have set up
~/.xfce4/xinitrc (now using the 4.0.6 version as a template) to load the
programs that I want at startup. I built 4.0.6 from the RH SRPMS in the
tarball on SF.

For example, I am using the following modifications:

#xftaskbar4&
xfdesktop&
#xfcalendar&
rhn-applet-gui&
acme&

I am using the new taskbar panel plug-in, so I don't want xftaskbar4 to
load.

I also load the rhn applet as a notifier to keep track of pending
updates, though I actually use yum to do the installs/upgrades.

Finally, I load acme to enable me to use some of the keyboard multimedia
keys.

You can modify this list as you require, noting that in some cases, the
order in which certain apps get loaded may be important.

HTH,

Marc Schwartz