Can xfce4 iconize to the desktop

Biju Chacko botsie at xfce.org
Fri Jul 2 06:51:54 CEST 2004

On Thu, 1 Jul 2004 14:00:42 -0700
"Nepple, Bruce" <bnepple at networkelements.com> wrote:

> It is the central defining behavior of the CDE workspace.  Because you
> have a CDE-like panel does not mean you are CDE-like.  Loosely, you
> have a taskbar, does that make you windows like?  But, I don't expect
> to change your mind about this.

Being CDE-like stopped being a major focus of the Xfce project with
version 4. If being CDE-like is your major requirement then use xfce3 as
Olivier suggested.

> Obviously xfce4 is not for me.  Thanks anyway.

If this is supposed to make us feel bad ... well it doesn't. Unlike some
projects we don't try to be all things for all people, so we probably
don't suit a lot of people's preferences. If you don't like xfce4 --
that's your choice. Use KDE or something ... IIRC with a bit of work you
could get it to behave like CDE.

-- b