Can xfce4 iconize to the desktop

Nepple, Bruce bnepple at networkelements.com
Thu Jul 1 23:00:42 CEST 2004

> as i've pointed out on this list before:
> http://spuriousinterrupt.org/xfce4/#faq
> granted, this hasn't specifically answered the minimised-apps
> question
> until i just added it now, but the general statement about
> icons should
> have been enough of an answer.

Sheesh --- what an arrogant attitude.

Too bad the official xfce site doesn't point to that obscure faq.

> huh?  i hardly see this as "CDE's defining feature".  one thing that
> makes xfce CDE-like is the panel, with its category/drawers model.
> being "similar" to something doesn't mean you do everything the same
> way.

It is the central defining behavior of the CDE workspace.  Because you have a
CDE-like panel does not mean you are CDE-like.  Loosely, you have a taskbar, does that
make you windows like?  But, I don't expect to change your mind about this.

Obviously xfce4 is not for me.  Thanks anyway.

Bruce