trash

Dennis J. Tuchler dennis.tuchler at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 14 00:06:25 CET 2004

On Tue, 2004-01-13 at 12:48, edscott wilson garcia wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-01-13 at 13:30, Dennis J. Tuchler wrote:
> > How do I eliminate the trash from the trashcan?  In xffm, looking at the
> > desktop folder, there is a folder (not trash can icon) labeled "trash".
> > The only trash-related alternative I have as to that folder is "collect
> > trash".  The contents of that folder are huge.
>
> Several options here. The trashcan is a place where pointers to all
> wastebasket files are stored. The files live in wastebaskets to avoid
> overwriting each other when they have the same name. These are the

Thanks for your response to my question.  The "trash can" is not shown
on the file manager as a trash can but as a file folder.  When I
right-click on the folder I get no option to delete the trash.  When I
clicked on another trash can and selected the delete all trash, that
folder remained.

dennis tuchler