Xfce as only desktop

Jack Coates jack at monkeynoodle.org
Sat Jan 10 17:15:58 CET 2004

On Sat, 2004-01-10 at 02:39, Chris Brault wrote:
> I was wondering,
> How many of you use Xfce4 as their only desktop? Or
> perhaps, what kind of work do you do on the Xfce desktop?

me. My laptop typically has several aterms, Gaim, Evolution and Mozilla
running, sometimes I play some games on it. My desktops at work have
tons of aterms, Evolution, Mozilla, a few rdesktops, OpenOffice, VMWare
2.0.4 (Lotus Notes, GoldMine, and finding IE's Javascript implementation
bugs), Cervisia, a bunch of gvim windows, XMMS, Gaim, and occasionally
Yahoo's Messenger client (only when Yahoo breaks their auth scheme for
non-Y clients).

I use one or two virtual desktops at home, eight at work. XFce4
converted me to virtual desktops, I've never liked other
implementations. My desktops all use the iconbox and gkrellm as well.
--
Jack at Monkeynoodle Dot Org: It's A Scientific Venture...
* "Blue blue, electric blue, that's the color of my room where I     *