What 3rd party

Jack Coates jack at monkeynoodle.org
Sun Feb 29 00:28:05 CET 2004

On Sat, 2004-02-28 at 14:50, Rakotmandimby Mihamina wrote:
> Hello all ,
> I would like to know wich software you use for these actions :
> - messenging ( Yahoo, AIM, MSN)
> - Mailing + News + AdressBook
> - Syncing with a Palm
> - Calendar
> - Office suit .

Gaim
Evolution
OpenOffice

I quit using a PDA and don't miss it, but when I had a Palm it
synchronized about as well with Evolution as with Outlook (which is to
say, badly).

> I ask you that because i use Kopete , KMail+Knode, Kpilot, Kalendar, Koffice
> for those tasks and i would like to switch from KDE to XFCE .
> I do know i can keep using *K* apps though i use XFCE but i know it's very
> ugly to see Qt and K appsinto a GTK environment . My feeling is they dont
> match together ( visually , i mean )

Use a meta-theme like bluecurve or galaxy and the only way you'll notice
the difference is startup time.

--
Jack at Monkeynoodle Dot Org: It's A Scientific Venture...
* "It is by the goodness of God that, in this country, we have three *