music player,dictionary, image viewer

The Matt thompsma at colorado.edu
Tue Feb 24 19:12:11 CET 2004

On Tue, 2004-02-24 at 09:02, The Matt wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-02-24 at 08:00, Alpay Erturkmen wrote:
> > hello there,
> >
> > although it is a bit out of topic, i would like to know what xfce users
> > choose for music player (besides xmms), image viewer (besides gimp) and
> > dictionary.
> >
> > actually i am a bit bored of xmms and it sometimes misbehaves. gimp is
> > slow, and eye of gnome is very useless for me... any comments :)
>
> Well, let us see.
>
> Music: xmms usually, since it supports xosd well.  I've been trying out
> beep and zinf but not much success yet (how do you get zinf to play cds
> and use xosd?).

Replying to myself (egotrip!), I guess I've also tried a few other
players as well.

I'm getting impressed with muine, but it's not quite stable yet.

My other fave player that I sadly forgot about was orpheus.  If I could
get that to play Shoutcast, my life would be better.

I tell you centericq and orpheus...them's good apps.  Someday if I can
get a livejournal, all will be text and integrated.
--
I am a theoretical chemist.  Fear me!
 Matt Thompson -- http://ucsub.colorado.edu/~thompsma/