music player,dictionary, image viewer

Joanna Bialek larsia at wp.pl
Tue Feb 24 17:19:40 CET 2004

Hello!!
On Tuesday 24 of February 2004 17:02, The Matt wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-02-24 at 08:00, Alpay Erturkmen wrote:
> > hello there,
> >
> > although it is a bit out of topic, i would like to know what xfce users
> > choose for music player (besides xmms), image viewer (besides gimp) and
> > dictionary.
> >
> > actually i am a bit bored of xmms and it sometimes misbehaves. gimp is
> > slow, and eye of gnome is very useless for me... any comments :)
>
> Well, let us see.
>
> Music: xmms usually, since it supports xosd well.  I've been trying out
> beep and zinf but not much success yet (how do you get zinf to play cds
> and use xosd?).
>
> Image Viewer:  gqview is #1 with qiv and eog next.
>
> Matt
Well, my music player is XMMS, but there is also Noatun and Sox... MPlayer can
run as music player too.. :)
Using Gimp as image viewer is impossible for me.... I use gthumb, it's very
nice, I think. I use Gimp, of course, but just to make some graphics....
Bye
--
Asienka
Studentka I roku Informatyki (Student of I Year of Computer Science)