music player,dictionary, image viewer

Jack Coates jack at monkeynoodle.org
Tue Feb 24 17:38:06 CET 2004

On Tue, 2004-02-24 at 07:00, Alpay Erturkmen wrote:
> hello there,
>
> although it is a bit out of topic, i would like to know what xfce users
> choose for music player (besides xmms), image viewer (besides gimp) and
> dictionary.
>
> actually i am a bit bored of xmms and it sometimes misbehaves. gimp is
> slow, and eye of gnome is very useless for me... any comments :)

zinf. I don't really like it, but it doesn't misbehave like recent xmms,
so that will do. All I use it for is to accept streaming mp3 from
slimserver, so 90% of its feature set is wasted on my machine.

ee and gqview are my image viewers, eog is terrible. gdict is an okay
dictionary, but kdict is very good -- unfortunately it needs a KDE panel
:-) I haven't tried using it with the systray plugin, but I doubt that
it would work.
--
Jack at Monkeynoodle Dot Org: It's A Scientific Venture...
* "Through counterintelligence it should be possible to pinpoint     *