Crashes on FreeBSD 5.3 using RC2

Benedikt Meurer benedikt.meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de
Tue Dec 28 18:08:47 CET 2004

Jakob Breivik Grimstveit wrote:

>>After RC3 compiled (with installer from os-cillation.de) with composite
>>manager (no optimizations) and xorg6.8 fresh from ports, xfdesktop no
>>longer crashes, but xfce4-panel still does after the first click on it
>>(after having successfully launched the terminal which I clicked on).
>

> To go into detail:
>
> $ local/bin/xfce4-panel
> I/O error : Bad file descriptor
>
> ** (xfce4-panel:21485): CRITICAL **: Could not save xml file
> I/O error : Bad file descriptor
>
> ** (xfce4-panel:21485): CRITICAL **: Could not save xml file
>
> <MOUSE CLICK ON TERMINAL ICON IN PANEL TO LAUNCH TERMINAL HERE>
>
> Fatal error 'Unable to read from thread kernel pipe' at line 1100 in file
> /usr/src/lib/libc_r/uthread/uthread_kern.c (errno = 0)
> Abort trap (core dumped)

You could try to put the following lines in the file /etc/libmap.conf on
your system (dunno whats the 5.3-RELEASE default here):

libpthread.so.1         libpthread.so.1 # Everything uses 'libpthread'
libpthread.so           libpthread.so
libc_r.so.5             libpthread.so.1 # Everything that uses 'libc_r'
libc_r.so               libpthread.so   # now uses 'libpthread'

HTH,
Benedikt