4.1.99 slow

Jonathan Gardner bohemian72 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Dec 18 16:28:02 CET 2004

If you are using the drivers from NVidia you have to include the line:

Option 	"AllowGLXWithComposite" "true"

in the Device section. Otherwise, with Compositor on you're not getting
hardware acceleration, or something like that. You may need the latest
nVidia drivers to use that option, or at least somewhat stably. I'm not
sure. I also have the option:

Option 	"RenderAccel" "on"

in there as well, but I don't know enough to know why I did that.
Probably copying someone else's xorg.conf. ;-)
But I know that first option is required.

These lines are right under the line:

Driver      "nvidia"

This seemed to work for me.

Jonathan