Lost desktop & right mouse

Ken McLennan kenrmcl at dnet.net.au
Wed Dec 15 10:00:16 CET 2004

G'day there again, Jasper.

>Goodday mate ;-)

    G'day, mate =)

>You can ignore this one. It's a warning frmo librsvg which is used by gtk to
>show svg icons.

    Unfortunately, I can't ignore it. That's all I get.

    xfdesktop doesn't start, just all those error messages.

>>Well, there is an option to turn it off, although that shouldn't be the case
>>by default.
>>
>>Just to be sure you could check if xfdesktop is indeed still running and
>>hasn't crashed for some reason.

    That seems to be the case. xfdesktop doesn't appear in ps -A  even
after I try to start it from a terminal.

    I've downloaded the latest installers with the RC2 version. I
thought I'd just give that a run first and see if it fixes the problem
while updating. It might not, but you never know. Since I don't know
what's causing the problem, I don't know where to look for a remedy.
Perhaps this might work like hitting a bullseye with a shotgun =)

See ya
Ken McLennan
Qld, Australia