Lost desktop & right mouse

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at xfce.org
Wed Dec 15 09:36:40 CET 2004

On Wed, Dec 15, 2004 at 05:29:37PM +1000, Ken McLennan wrote:
> G'day there Jasper,

Goodday mate ;-)

[...]
> >Try running xfdesktop from a terminal and see if there are error
> >messages.
>
>    Yup. I got error messages. Thousands of them. Actually, it was the
> same one over and over. It said:
>
> "*** attempt to put segment in horiz list twice"

You can ignore this one. It's a warning frmo librsvg which is used by gtk to
show svg icons.

>    It said it lots & lots of times. Over & over again.
>
> >If somehow the session got saved without xfdesktop, you need to save
> >onlogout while xfdesktop is running.
>
>    It certainly did. I thought I had everything working & recently
> (yesterday) set xfce to save the session automatically on closing, so
> there was no option given. Of course I was in a hurry to do everything
> at once (wives just have no patience when it comes to husbands on the
> computer) so I didn't even notice that there was no background piccy
> until later.
>
>    I've now got the background picture again, but no rightclick menu.
> I'm off to have a play with it again, but if you have any ideas I'm only
> too happy to hear them.

Well, there is an option to turn it off, although that shouldn't be the case
by default.

Just to be sure you could check if xfdesktop is indeed still running and
hasn't crashed for some reason.

	Jasper