Q:How to enable DPMS at startup ?

Stephane Ascoet cyberespacesaint-thonan at wanadoo.fr
Thu Dec 9 17:06:10 CET 2004

 >xset dpms 300 600 900

 >in my .config/xfce4/xinitrc after my xrdb stuff for xlock/xautolock at
 >the top.  It seems to work there.

Hi,
That's a thing I want to know for a long time. The xset command works
when I launch it in a terminal, but, not automatically. I've put it in :
/etc/X11/xfce/xinitrc
/etc/X11/xinitrc
/etc/X11/Xsession

The DPMS delays are still the default ones.
I'd like to make them active in X, whatever is the window manager. Is it
possible ? Why it doesn't work (or how can I know why ? Is there a log?)
Otherwise, how can I do it in xfce3 (under LinuxFreeduc based upon
KNOPPIX/Debian)

--
Bien cordialement, Stephane Ascoet, cyberespace Saint-Thonan
(http://mairie.wanadoo.fr/saintthonan/cyberespace.html)