Plugins Questions...

Paul Ladouceur - NUXTEK Informatique Inc. paul at nuxtek.com
Thu Aug 19 17:09:18 CEST 2004

Jasper Huijsmans wrote:

>On Thu, Aug 19, 2004 at 09:30:46AM -0400, Paul Ladouceur - NUXTEK Informatique Inc. wrote:
>

>>That's my point: I Can't right-click it because when i put the cursor
>>over it, the arrow underneath is hilighted and it deactivated the
>>right-click... I've tried pixels around the up/down arrows unsucessfully...
>>

>Hmm, I remember this. I thought it was fixed in later versions, perhaps you
>can try to see if there is a newer version available?

I've just check my installation and it returns version 0.9.3.1 .... And
that's the latest on xfce-goodies!!! HUMM!

>>If someone could tell me which file i must edit to remove it from my
>>pannel???
>>

>First you have to exit the panel, because it saves settings on exit. Then edit
>~/.xfce4/xfce4rc, the format is xml and is hopefully straightforward enough.

Thanks alot... That did the job!
...and yes... That's a very simple way for configuring things... right
after that, it's GUI-time!

>>>The plugin for Xfce4 checks local mailboxes.
>>>

>>That's what i said: No POP mailbox plugin! It's a must for any WM /
>>Desktop interface... (humm... for me!) ;)
>>

>The CVS version has pop3 support (even if a little hidden). Imap support would
>be nice and so would a proper dialog to choose mailboxes, and support for
>multiple mailboxes, and ... ;-) Anyway I'm still hoping someone will port the
>gkrellm mailchecker or something similar.

Ok... So i'll go straight away into cvs to get this one! :D

>>>Not sure about that, I suppose it retrieves the datas from a US site,
>>>that's why you can't do a localization.
>>>

>>I'm not speaking about the forecast content (except for the Forecast and
>>Summary Tabs)... But when you open the properties...
>>
>>And it's not the only plugin in this situation... I think that it's
>>almost any xfce-goodies plugins... NetLoad & CPU Graph are also only in
>>english...
>>

>I would like to encourage plugin writers to try to have full support for
>localization, if they don't already do so now.

Me too!... If every component could be localized, there would be much
more people using them!!! (And since i would love to distribute an XFCE4
only system, with gnome and kde libs... I can't do it with so much
english-only goodies!)

>	Jasper

Thanks again Jasper! Your were of great help for me!

I was following the project a couple months before and after XFCE4 first
release... But i'm always torn appart between Gnome and XFCE! :'(

I love XFCE simplicity but missed some of Gnome utilities
(configuration, etc..). I don't think we absolutely need desktop icons
but a file manager like Nautilus (with browser only navigation) that
have the xffm network browsing capability... Since Nautilus can now show
the mount points with "My Computer", it's near the functionnalities of
xffm... And i experience many bugs with xffm related to drag & drop
(xffm window closing...).

Regards,
Ti-Paul.