Plugins Questions...

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at xfce.org
Thu Aug 19 15:47:54 CEST 2004

On Thu, Aug 19, 2004 at 09:30:46AM -0400, Paul Ladouceur - NUXTEK Informatique Inc. wrote:

> That's my point: I Can't right-click it because when i put the cursor
> over it, the arrow underneath is hilighted and it deactivated the
> right-click... I've tried pixels around the up/down arrows unsucessfully...

Hmm, I remember this. I thought it was fixed in later versions, perhaps you
can try to see if there is a newer version available?

> If someone could tell me which file i must edit to remove it from my
> pannel???

First you have to exit the panel, because it saves settings on exit. Then edit
~/.xfce4/xfce4rc, the format is xml and is hopefully straightforward enough.

> >>(2)
> >>I searching for a plugin that check POP mailboxes (no luck for now)...
> >>Is there any for XFCE4??
> >>

> >The plugin for Xfce4 checks local mailboxes.
> >
> That's what i said: No POP mailbox plugin! It's a must for any WM /
> Desktop interface... (humm... for me!) ;)

The CVS version has pop3 support (even if a little hidden). Imap support would
be nice and so would a proper dialog to choose mailboxes, and support for
multiple mailboxes, and ... ;-) Anyway I'm still hoping someone will port the
gkrellm mailchecker or something similar.

> >>(3)
> >>I would like to do a french localization of some plugins (like the
> >>Weather plugin) but it seems that it's hard-coded... Am i wrong?
> >>

> >Not sure about that, I suppose it retrieves the datas from a US site,
> >that's why you can't do a localization.
> >

> I'm not speaking about the forecast content (except for the Forecast and
> Summary Tabs)... But when you open the properties...
>
> And it's not the only plugin in this situation... I think that it's
> almost any xfce-goodies plugins... NetLoad & CPU Graph are also only in
> english...

I would like to encourage plugin writers to try to have full support for
localization, if they don't already do so now.

	Jasper