minor settings problems

Felipe Lopes wiseguy at ig.com.br
Wed Apr 28 19:39:46 CEST 2004

xfwm4 was not updated yet:

http://packages.debian.org/cgi-bin/search_packages.pl?keywords=xfwm4&searchon=names&subword=1&version=all&release=all

Well...I guess I'll have to wait...

Concerning the "gradient" stuff again...I've just downloaded some wallpapers
from internet and they looked perfect on Mozilla-Firefox, but when they
appear as wallpaper indeed, its definition was somehow screwed, as the
default wallpaper was...

(I could take a screenshot so you guys understand what I mean, but have no
clue how to do this)

Any idea on this?

>On Wed, 28 Apr 2004, Felipe Lopes wrote:
>
>> xfce4-mcs-manager and xfce4-panel are version 4.0.5 on
>> repositories....Should I install these???
>>
>> Check it out:
>>
>http://packages.debian.org/cgi-bin/search_packages.pl?keywords=xfce4&searchon=names&subword=1&version=all&release=all
>>
>> Is there any other file I should get?
>
>you'll also want 4.0.5 versions of xfwm4, xfwm4-themes (optional),
>xfdesktop, xffm (if you use xffm), xfprint (optional). also make sure
>you have the latest versions of the libraries
>(libxfce{4util,gui4,4mcs}). last time i checked, i _thought_ debian had
>an 'xfce4' meta-package that installs/updates all of xfce4. i might be
>thinking of something else though.
>
>it bothers me that some of those packages listed are 4.0.5 and some are
>4.0.3. i suppose it's possible that our 4.0.5 release of some of the
>components haven't changed since 4.0.3. not sure.
>
> -brian

Felipe Lopes.