minor settings problems

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Wed Apr 28 20:02:49 CEST 2004

On Wed, 28 Apr 2004, Felipe Lopes wrote:

> Concerning the "gradient" stuff again...I've just downloaded some wallpapers
> from internet and they looked perfect on Mozilla-Firefox, but when they
> appear as wallpaper indeed, its definition was somehow screwed, as the
> default wallpaper was...
>
> (I could take a screenshot so you guys understand what I mean, but have no
> clue how to do this)
>
> Any idea on this?

a screenshot would be most helpful, assuming you have a place to put
them and provide a link (as it's not too nice to post large images to a
mailing list of this size).  you can either use the gimp
(acquire->screenshot), or use the 'import' cmdline tool that comes with
imagemagick.  just type 'import filename', and then you can click on
the window that you want to take a shot of.  if you want to take a full
screen shot, i believe 'import -window root filename' is what you want.

	-brian