minor settings problems

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Wed Apr 28 19:24:34 CEST 2004

On Wed, 28 Apr 2004, Felipe Lopes wrote:

> xfce4-mcs-manager and xfce4-panel are version 4.0.5 on
> repositories....Should I install these???
>
> Check it out:
> http://packages.debian.org/cgi-bin/search_packages.pl?keywords=xfce4&searchon=names&subword=1&version=all&release=all
>
> Is there any other file I should get?

you'll also want 4.0.5 versions of xfwm4, xfwm4-themes (optional),
xfdesktop, xffm (if you use xffm), xfprint (optional).  also make sure
you have the latest versions of the libraries
(libxfce{4util,gui4,4mcs}).  last time i checked, i _thought_ debian had
an 'xfce4' meta-package that installs/updates all of xfce4.  i might be
thinking of something else though.

it bothers me that some of those packages listed are 4.0.5 and some are
4.0.3.  i suppose it's possible that our 4.0.5 release of some of the
components haven't changed since 4.0.3.  not sure.

	-brian