minor settings problems

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Wed Apr 28 16:50:26 CEST 2004

if you have a color gradient option in your desktop settings, then you
are most definitely not using 4.0.3.  i just added the gradient option
to CVS HEAD (dev version 4.1.x) two days ago.

to verify the version you're running, please try running
'xfce4-panel --version' and 'xfdesktop --version' from a terminal window
(for 4.0.x, xfdesktop won't report a version).

it occurs to me that you may be talking about the default background
pixmap itself (xfce-stripes.png), in which case i'm not sure what to
tell you.  i've never heard of this particular problem before.

still assuming that you really are running 4.0.3, you should really be
running 4.0.5 before reporting any bugs, as they've most likely been
fixed since then.

as for icons, the 4.0.x panel doesn't use any theming for non-default
panel icons.  if you can't find a particular icon for a particular app
on your hard drive, that's the app author's or packager's fault, not
ours.

	-brian