Mozilla, Xfce

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Fri Apr 23 04:33:27 CEST 2004

i really can't see how this has anything to do with xfce.  it's highly
unlikely that the fact that it works ok in gnome is at all relevant.

personally, i've had a lot of trouble using the -remote ping() command.
what i do instead is check the process list to see if mozilla-bin is
running, and, if so, do -remote openURL(...).

actually, i just looked at that script - there's another problem.  you
definitely don't want the ampersand at the end of either line.  if the
script itself finishes before mozilla does its magic to tell the
already-running process to spawn a new instance, the mozilla -remote
process may get terminated prematurely.

i've attached the script i use (for firefox).  give it a try.  if
mozilla-xremote-client doesn't work for you (i believe i have a custom
version), it should be safe to change it to 'mozilla -remote ...'.

as a plus, my script does a bit more than just blindly launching... have
fun ^_~.  (hint: in the 'homepage=' line, change '.phoenix' to '.mozilla'.)

    -brian