Mozilla, Xfce

Tobias Kretschmer tobias.kretschmer at epost.de
Fri Apr 23 15:29:15 CEST 2004

On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 16:41:33 -0700
Ted Parks <th.parks at verizon.net> wrote:

> A couple of days ago I posted a query about problems with Mozilla in
> Xfce. I had a very helpful response, but the problem persists.
>
> The issue:
> 1) When I try to launch Mozilla or Mozilla Mail from the Xfce tray,
> Mozilla displays a profile manager. But selecting a profile, or even
> creating a new one, does not work. The profile manager does nothing.
> Mozilla works okay from Gnome. I am using Fedora Core 1.

Normally the profile manager comes up if already an instance of mozilla is running with your ID, this explains why you can start another as root.
You should open xterm and do "ps -A" and look for an entry with mozilla, then kill that one using "kill proc#" maybe you'l have to use "-15" option, or simply type "killall mozilla" that should close alle mozilla instances and allow you to start it.
You should start it out of xterm for if it doesn't start it might give you some output to help.

Tobias