Mozilla, Xfce

Ted Parks th.parks at verizon.net
Fri Apr 23 01:41:33 CEST 2004

A couple of days ago I posted a query about problems with Mozilla in
Xfce. I had a very helpful response, but the problem persists.

The issue:
1) When I try to launch Mozilla or Mozilla Mail from the Xfce tray,
Mozilla displays a profile manager. But selecting a profile, or even
creating a new one, does not work. The profile manager does nothing.
Mozilla works okay from Gnome. I am using Fedora Core 1.

2) A list member sent a script to work around the documented problem
Mozilla has with profiles. The script functioned well, but it did not
solve the problem I am having in Xfce.

3) If I open a terminal and switch to root, I can launch Mozilla while
using Xfce. As user, I cannot launch Mozilla from the terminal, but
instead get the familiar and frustrating profile manager.

4) The same problem occurs in ICEWM as in Xfce. But, again, Gnome works.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Ted Parks