HOWTO? xfce3 -> xfce4

Biju Chacko biju_chacko at vsnl.net
Mon Sep 29 16:14:21 CEST 2003

> howto bind menu to MB1
> howto change menu bound to MB2
> howto bind custom menu to MB3
> howto bind "__builtin_root_menu__" to MB1
> HOWTO to bind anything to (shift,alt) MBx ????????????????

Not possible now.

> DestroyMenu "__Maximize_menu__"
> AddToMenu "__Maximize_menu__" "&Full Screen" Maximize 100 100
> AddToMenu "__Maximize_menu__" "&Vertical"    Maximize 0 100
> AddToMenu "__Maximize_menu__" "&Horizontal"  Maximize 100 0

Again, not possible. Alternative:

Alt-F5 or Left-Click Maximize Button : Maximise
Alt-F6 or Right-Click Maximize Button : Horizontal Maximize
Alt-F7 or Middle-Click Maximize Button : Vertical Maximize

The keystrokes can be modified is required.

> I love xfce3. I like panel in xfce4, easy to configure.
> But i start to hate xfce4. Should i switch to fvwm?

I hope not, but if it suits you better then give it a shot. Things work a little
differently in XFce4, but hopefully better once you get used to it.

-- b