HOWTO? xfce3 -> xfce4

Bob Marcan bob at interstudio.homeunix.net
Mon Sep 29 17:59:07 CEST 2003

Biju Chacko wrote:
>>howto bind menu to MB1
>>howto change menu bound to MB2
>>howto bind custom menu to MB3
>>howto bind "__builtin_root_menu__" to MB1
>>HOWTO to bind anything to (shift,alt) MBx ????????????????
>

> Not possible now.
>

>>DestroyMenu "__Maximize_menu__"
>>AddToMenu "__Maximize_menu__" "&Full Screen" Maximize 100 100
>>AddToMenu "__Maximize_menu__" "&Vertical"    Maximize 0 100
>>AddToMenu "__Maximize_menu__" "&Horizontal"  Maximize 100 0
>

> Again, not possible. Alternative:
>
> Alt-F5 or Left-Click Maximize Button : Maximise
> Alt-F6 or Right-Click Maximize Button : Horizontal Maximize
> Alt-F7 or Middle-Click Maximize Button : Vertical Maximize
>
> The keystrokes can be modified is required.
>

>>I love xfce3. I like panel in xfce4, easy to configure.
>>But i start to hate xfce4. Should i switch to fvwm?
>

> I hope not, but if it suits you better then give it a shot. Things work a little
> differently in XFce4, but hopefully better once you get used to it.
>
> -- b

I have used fvwm, but switched to xfce long time ago.
Reading this tread, it seems i'll switch again.
This "standard" thing stinks like Windoze.
:-(

  Bob Marcan                     mailto:bob.marcan at hermes-plus.si
  Aster^H^H...HermesPlus^H^H^H...S&T
  Slandrova ul. 2                       tel:    +386 (1) 5895-000
  1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia              http://www.hermes-plus.si