Ok, I know this was touched on before..

Philip Dean pdengineer at myrealbox.com
Mon Sep 22 19:33:25 CEST 2003

Here is a thought,  Is it just a matter of having an icon and adding one or two lines of code to the application?  Is so could one of the knowledgable programmers here post the code that would be needed to add an icon to an application that doesn't have one.  (This assumes that it is a trivial process)  Then instead of users going to respective apps maintainers and requesting the addition of an icon, we could make a patch and submit it.  I would be willing to learn how to do this as it would give back even if it is just a little.

If the process would be too varing from app to app then maybe this wouldn't be doable.  As it is, I think many users would be willing to patch and compile and even submit the patch if they know how to do it.  There are strong argument on both side of the issue.  I for one, although XFce4 does some things different from how I would prefer, vote for the standard compliance.  There is something to be said for consistancy.

Anyway, just a thought!

Philip Dean