XFce4rc4 for Mandrake 9.1

Stephen Kuhn skuhn at telpacific.com.au
Fri Sep 19 01:51:15 CEST 2003

On Fri, 2003-09-19 at 08:15, Todd Slater wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 18, 2003 at 11:10:26AM -0400, Paul M. Bucalo wrote:
> > I realize that you are close to completion on XFce-4, but wondered a
> > couple of things:
> >
> > 1) Is anyone going to compile a Mandrake-favorable set of RPM's for
> > release four?
>
> I have checkinstall-built rpm's for rc4 at
> http://clevername.homeip.net/xfce4/. If nobody at Mandrake picks it up,
> I'm gonna look into learning how to build rpm's specifically for
> Mandrake so it integrates with everything, though I personally like it
> *not* integrating with everything.

Todd's a great guy - been running (ruining) his stuff since he started
to compile'em...(anyone told ya what a great job ya did lately? Hey,
Todd - ya did a great job! Thanks mate!)

(BTW, keep away from the damn MDK menu integration - IMHO...)

> > 2) Is there enough of an improvement in release four over three to make
> > it a concern for Mandrake users?
>
> I don't know, I've never had any problem with any of the rc's. I must be
> a wimpy user :)

I haven't really noticed any MAJOR diff's except for the toys for the
panel and a bit smoother operation...so I reckon I'm a wimp, too...

stephen kuhn - owner
illawarra computer services
a kuhn media australia company
http://kma.0catch.com