Cannot talk to klauncher??

Andy tireseas at onetel.com
Fri Sep 19 00:47:13 CEST 2003

Hello folks

Would appreciate a bit of insight/help into the following problem I have
encountered while using XFce 3.8.18 on Slackware 9.0:
I am wanting to run a few KDE apps (e.g. KDevelop/gideon and even
kmail). However, each time I try I get the following error message:

[quote]
Could not start process. Can't talk to klauncher
[/quote]

I have already taken the radical step of removing all KDE packages and
re-installing them, but that isn't helping, and I am using KDE just fine
as my second account, so I know that it is not really the libraries per
se with the box. The only denominator therefore is using XFce.
Any ideas/clues/suggestions?

Much appreciated
- Andy

--