XFce4rc4 for Mandrake 9.1

Paul M. Bucalo pmbuc at pmbenterprises.com
Fri Sep 19 00:40:24 CEST 2003

On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 18:15:58 -0400
Todd Slater <dontodd at columbus.rr.com> graced me with:

<snipped>

> I have checkinstall-built rpm's for rc4 at
> http://clevername.homeip.net/xfce4/.

Cool! I'll download then now and them out!

> If nobody at Mandrake picks it
> up, I'm gonna look into learning how to build rpm's specifically for
> Mandrake so it integrates with everything, though I personally like it
> *not* integrating with everything.

Just out of morbid curiosity, what is your definition of
"...integrating with everything"?

I probably would have had less enthusiasm for XFce-4 if I couldn't have
used a right-click menu building program like MenuMaker to give me all
that was on my system. I find it refreshing to have a minimal menu panel
for the everyday, commonly accessed stuff, but I couldn't accept not
having click access to the menu system that KDE generated for me when
I was entrenched in it before. Does that qualify me as a wimp, too? :0)

The other things that you might be talking about...well, if I can find
ways to get what I can't give up, I'll be OK. :0)

> > 2) Is there enough of an improvement in release four over three to
> > make it a concern for Mandrake users?
>
> I don't know, I've never had any problem with any of the rc's.

Jack Coates had posted his positive comments on improvements in RC4 over
RC3, so I think it'll be worth my moving up. I must
> be a wimpy user :)
>
> <whack>

:0)

Thanks again, Todd.