Second try: xfprint-manager setup problem

Christian Sparka christian.sparka at gmx.de
Mon Oct 13 09:17:19 CEST 2003

> The print server is an "Intel Netport Express 10/100"
>
> Printer #1
> Printer Name: Epson ActionLaser 1500
> Alias Name: eps1500
> Server Name: print
> Server Queue Name: lpt1_passthru
>
> Printer #2
> Printer Name: Epson Stylus Color 660
> Alias Name: eps660
> Server Name: print
> Server Queue Name: lpt2_passthru
>
> I use 'CUPS' while in KDE apps, and sometimes 'xpp' in other apps.
> This works fine. Always has.

I have no experience with remote printers, but you might watch into your
/var/log/cups/error_log to see what went wrong.
Maybe increase the cups loglevel (in /etc/cups/cupsd.conf) before.

Also, unlike most unix apps, xfprint4-manager requires the user not to
specify the whole print _command_, but the printer _name_ only.
The lp or lpr command will be added internally.
Did you realize that?

hth
Christian