xfprint-manager setup problem

Paul M. Bucalo pmbuc at pmbenterprises.com
Fri Oct 10 16:44:09 CEST 2003

I seemed to have a good handle on every aspect of XFce-4, but the
print manager. I could really use some help in understanding what I
am doing wrong or not doing that I should...

I am two PC's on a LAN with XFce-4 as the WM. On the laptop, it's
Mandrake 9.1 with 'kdm' running XFce-4 in a session. The other is a
Red Hat 9 PC with 'gdm' running XFce-4 in a session.

The two printers I wish to set-up in 'xfprint-manager' are LPD
printers. The print server is an "Intel Netport Express 10/100"

Printer #1
Printer Name: Epson ActionLaser 1500
Alias Name: eps1500
Server Name: print
Server Queue Name: lpt1_passthru

Printer #2
Printer Name: Epson Stylus Color 660
Alias Name: eps660
Server Name: print
Server Queue Name: lpt2_passthru

I use 'CUPS' while in KDE apps, and sometimes 'xpp' in others.

I can't seem to find the correct wording for 'xfprint-manager' to
connect to either of these printers when doing a drag-n-drop from
'xffm'. None of the common and obvious printer queue names see work.
Printing works fine outside of 'xfprint-manager'.

What am I doing wrong and what should I do to make 'xfprint-manager'
see my printers?

TIA,

Paul