xfce4 freezes on exit

David A Thompson thompson at fresno.edu
Fri Oct 10 19:19:24 CEST 2003

xfce4 (most recent release, although I experienced this problem intermittently
with earlier versions) freezes when I shut it down using the 'Exit' option
from (what I believe is) xfce4-panel.

I'm running it on RedHat 9. This freezing problem occurs when I start up with
the "startxfce4" script and then use it extensively. It doesn't freeze if I
exit immediately after starting up via startxfce4. ctrl-alt-backspace doesn't
kill X once things are (apparently) frozen. It makes it all the way to a
black, empty screen before freezing. I don't have this problem with xfwm4 if
I just start it up directly using xinit.

Any suggested steps for diagnosing where the problem lies?

Thanks for your time and assistance. Apologies if this is a "dumb-dumb"
question or has already been answered and I just overlooked the answer.

David Thompson

PS Thanks for the great stuff -- xfce4 is really classy -- I've almost stopped
using fvwm (I gave up on most other wms a while ago).
--
Faculty in Biology
Fresno Pacific University

559-453-5504