XFCE doesn't have a usable graphical login!

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Nov 27 22:19:09 CET 2003

On Thu, 27 Nov 2003, Amarpreet Rattan wrote:

> are you saying that you want a shutdown button for XDM?  i.e. a
> shutdown/reboot button for XDM?  you can do that.  Let me know if that is
> what you want.

> > >From what I've gathered so far it isn't possible to use XFCE with a
> > graphical login.
> >
> > 4. KDM ditto

  This does not look right to me. On my fiancee's new laptop (running
Slackware) I installed xfce and kdm. Now she logs in to the GUI screen and
can shut down the computer when she's done without needing to be root (or
without my having to set 'shutdown' suid).

  I don't have KDE installed on that box at all; perhaps the core, but I
left all of KDE and Gnome off when I upgrade distributions.

Rich

--
Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)