Focus problems using xfwm4

John Pettigrew john at pettigrew.org.uk
Thu Nov 20 10:15:24 CET 2003

In a previous message, Olivier Fourdan <fourdan at xfce.org> wrote:

> I'm not sure. What I can confirm is that there is a focus problem in
> Wine/Crossover as I've been able to reproduce the following problem (with
> notepad.exe that ships with wine, sorry, I can't afford Microsoft Office)

That's what I mean - I take it that the window gains focus, but not the part
of the window that actually receives the input? The occasional problems I've
had with other apps might be related, but might have been a completely
different problem.

From my experiments, metacity and kwin actually treat this differently. As I
said, xfwm4 gets the window focus but not the text input. Metacity gets
neither. Kwin gets both. Which seems very odd to me. I'll chase the wine
people again.

Thanks,

John
--
John Pettigrew                         Headstrong Games
john at headstrong-games.co.uk            Fun : Strategy : Price