Focus problems using xfwm4

Olivier Fourdan fourdan at xfce.org
Wed Nov 19 23:00:14 CET 2003

Hi,

I'm not sure. What I can confirm is that there is a focus problem in
Wine/Crossover as I've been able to reproduce the following problem
(with notepad.exe that ships with wine, sorry, I can't afford Microsoft
Office) :

1) Open notepad.exe in wine - Focus is on the text area.
2) Open another window and focus it
3) Close second window, focus is sent back to notepad although the text
area is not focused and requires a user action to get focus

This is a bug in Wine. I did check and focus is sent back to the app,
but the app doesn't restore focus to the expected widget. This behaviour
is similar in metacity or kwin.

I don't know if that's what you mean, but this particular problem is
related to wine IMO.

Cheers,
Olivier.

Olivier Fourdan - fourdan at xfce.org

   Interoperability is the keyword, uniformity is a dead end.
   http://www.xfce.org